It is possible to run a licensed business as a private trader entrepreneur. As a light entrepreneur, most of the licensed industries cannot be pursued.
Licensed business means business activities that are regulated and supervised, for example, for reasons of public security and therefore require one or more permits from a public authority.
Please note that when operating in a licensed industry, a private trader entrepreneur must join the Trade Register. Otherwise, joining the Trade Register is not mandatory for a business name entrepreneur.
What permits do you need in different industries?
Here’s a list of all the industries where you need permits as a private trader entrepreneur and which permits you need for each function.
Security sector: law enforcement
- Security license and / or security card from the Police
Working with minors
- Criminal record extract from the Legal Register Center (Oikeusrekisterikeskus)
- Notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency
- Driving school license from Traficom
- Environmental permit from the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Center)
Driving a taxi
- Taxi license from Traficom
- Taxi driver's license from Traficom
- Freight license from Traficom
- Certificate of professional competence for the tasks to be performed
Medicine and nursing
- Valvira's (National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health) permission to act as a legalized health professional and / or the permission to use a protected professional title
Drinking alcohol and selling food
- Drinking passport and / or hygiene passport from Valvira
- Permit for business premises for restaurant or café use from the municipal building inspectorate
- Notification to the Food Agency
- Food premises declaration for municipal food control
- Dispensing permit for serving alcohol from the Regional State Administrative Agency
- Inspection of the fire and rescue authority in the business premises
Vehicle inspection activities
- Vehicle inspection permit from Traficom
- Joining the TUKES (Finnish Safety and Chemical Agency) register of electrical operators