The purpose of the UKKO Yrittäjä service is to make the everyday life of limited company entrepreneurs easier and to make starting a business easy and effortless.
Follow these steps to start using the service:
- Activate the service here
- If you are a new entrepreneur, i.e. you are establishing a new limited company, fill in the requested information for establishing a limited company. After registration, we will contact you in more detail about the process of setting up a limited company and the payment of PRH's establishment fee (240 € or 380 €).
- If you already have a limited company's business ID number, answer the questions and let us know how your bookkeeping was handled in the past. If you have done your bookkeeping yourself or it has fallen behind, our customer service will contact you after registration. If an bookkeeper/bookkeeping service has taken care of your bookkeeping, we will terminate (taking into account the notice period) the previous service on your behalf and add the initial balances to our service.
The following steps are necessary:
- Add the account number of your limited company to the service, to which your customers pay the payments of your invoices (the account number will appear on the invoices you send.
- Connect a bank account in our service, so that all transactions in the account are visible and processed in your customer account (if you are establishing a new limited company, you usually only get a bank account opened for your company when the trade registration is in order)
- Add payment card information (payment method) to the service for UKKO service payments.
- Accept our Suomi.fi authorization request (the authorization requester is SLP Rent Oy) so that we can do your bookkeeping and handle your company's tax matters and the entrepreneur's payroll. You will receive the authorization request a few days after you have finished registering for our service.
Measures to facilitate your entrepreneurship:
- Read the information package on company acquisitions and deductions so you know what to consider and what you can deduct in your bookkeeping.
- Inform the invoice senders of the online invoicing and/or e-mail address in our service, and you will receive your purchase invoice directly in your bookkeeping (you must make the payment yourself via the online bank)
- Notify the tax administration of an estimate of your company's income for the year or check that the estimate is still up to date, this can be updated if necessary (corporate tax paid in advance is advance tax). Read more about the taxation of a limited company here.
This is how you use the UKKO service in practice
- Earn as an entrepreneur and create invoices conveniently through our service.
- You can save your customers and products in the customer and product registers of the service, which makes invoicing even faster
- Add expenses to our service in real-time when business-related expenses arise.
- Remember to always add the previous month's vouchers to the bookkeeping no later than the 15th of the following month and then complete the month.
- Add separate sales and commission reports to our service as other income
- Process the bank transactions of your account entered into our service and, if necessary, create new expenses or income from them (or allocate payments to already existing invoices/income or expenses). This way your bookkeeping stays up-to-date and you can see the up-to-date financial situation of your company after we have checked the documents you added
- Pay the taxman any VAT according to our instructions - we will prepare your VAT return and send you information on possible payments and their amounts by e-mail until the end of your VAT period
- We also apply for VAT relief for our eligible customers with the last VAT return of the year. You will receive information from us at the beginning of the year whether you are entitled to a relief and what the amount of the relief is.
- Apply for and pay advance taxes (community tax) and always update, if necessary, an estimate of your company's income, according to which withholding tax is paid. Advance tax payments should also be added to the bookkeeping, you can attach, for example, an advance tax decision as an attachment to the expense entry.
- If you pay too much advance taxes, you will get them back at the end of the tax period, and if you pay too little advance taxes, the taxman will collect the missing amount afterwards.
- For the limited company's tax return and financial statements, we will contact you in more detail after the end of the financial year and ask you for the necessary additional information.
Other things to consider at the beginning of entrepreneurship:
- Get yourself YEL insurance if you need one and remember to mention your business ID to the insurance provider for bookkeeping purposes. You can also apply for YEL insurance in your customer account (Settings -> YEL insurance), and our partner Varma will contact you about YEL insurance.
- Check whether you need to update your permits or take out insurance for your activity (e.g. patient insurance).
- If your previous bookkeeping firm does not agree to hand over data to us (a few service providers do not hand over data to third parties), we will contact you after registration. In this case, all you have to do is ask for a service provider to send the materials to you and then forward them to us.
- We do bookkeeping from the month of registration onwards. If your previous bookkeeping is not up to date, or you have done the bookkeeping yourself, please contact our customer service and we will take care of your bookkeeping.