Invoicing is the best part of the entrepreneurship. You have done your job well, and now it is time to get paid for it.
Creating invoices in Nordea Accounting Plus service is quick and easy, especially when you take advantage of all the features available. For example, if you have customers to whom you send invoices at regular intervals, you could save the customer information in the Customer Register. This way, you do not have to enter customer information for every invoice you create as you can just choose the right customer and all the customer information will be automatically filled in.
Start by clicking New income > Create new invoice
1. Customer data
In this section we will show you all the required details, what you will need to make a new invoice:
- Customer search: You can search saved customer data, or add a new customer.
- Customer type: You can make an invoice for a company or person. Required fields will change with the selected type.
- Business ID: You can find the business ID and all the public details about businesses from YTJ- register service. You can search with a business name or ID. If you are billing an international customer, you should add here the international VAT- number. For example, if the business ID is 1234567-8 and company is in Finland, VAT- number is FI12345678.
- Company name: Official name of the company you are billing.
- Contact: The person to whom the invoice is to be addressed. For example, in large companies, it is very important that the invoice finds the right recipient. For example, if a company has 1,000 employees, it is very difficult for the company to accept the invoice without the right contact information.
- Invoice shipping type: In this section, you need to choose how your invoice will be delivered to your customer. If you choose Download invoice, the system will automatically download a PDF invoice to your device.
- E-invoice address: Invoices can be delivered straight to your customer's electronic financial management system. In this case delivery method should be E-invoice. You can search for e-invoice addresses from https://verkkolaskuosoite.fi/client/index.html.
- Email: This is the address where an invoice will be delivered if you have chosen ''email'' for the delivery method.
- Company address: Customer address, ZIP code, Post office and country. Invoices will be delivered to this address if you have chosen Paper invoice for delivery method.
- Phone number: Here comes your customer's phone number.
2. Invoice details
- Terms of payment: Here you date how many days your customer has time to pay the invoice. The due date is automatically changing when choosing different terms days.
- Note time: This is time how long the customer has to complain about the invoice.
- Delivery date: This is the date when you have delivered a product or service to your customer. (Optional)
- Order number: If your customer has defined some order number, for example, "order 1234"
- Our reference: Here comes optional reference, for example, "Working hours"
- Customer reference: This is if your customer has given to you optional reference, for example, "work hours in project X".
- The invoice number is generated automatically to your invoice.
- Free text before counter lines: Here you can describe your product or service, for example, "I'm invoicing with this invoice all the done work in project X".
3. Invoice items
- Add new: You can start creating a new invoice item by clicking this button.
- Product/service: You can search saved product data with entry or straight from the drop-down menu, or add a new one, for example: Work hour, consultation, name of your product.
- Quantity: How many products have you sold or how many hours have you worked.
- Unit: This will be shown in counter lines after quantity.
- Unit price: Price of the product or materials.
- The price includes VAT: Whether the VAT is added to the invoiced price or is it included in the price.
- Drop-down menu for VAT rates:
- General VAT rate 24%
- Foods 14%
- Taxi- and bus charges 10%
- Exports outside the EU 0%
- Discount: If you want to add a percentage discount to your invoice, you can add it here. The system is going to calculate the final invoice total.
- Description: More accurate information about products that you are invoicing, for example, "painting on a construction site."
In the final step, you can see a preview of your invoice. Here you can save the invoice as a draft and continue later or send the invoice to your customer with the delivery method what you defined earlier.